Government Help
Bond assistance loans

The Housing Authority offers bond assistance and two weeks' rent in advance as an interest-free loan to help people obtain accommodation in the private rental market. Maximum loan depends on your circumstances.

Commonwealth rent assistance

The Commonwealth Government can provide payments to recipients of income support to help with the costs of renting in the private market. Eligibility conditions include receiving more than the base rate of Family Tax Benefit Part A and where you pay market rent above minimum thresholds.

The National Rental Affordability Scheme

The National Rental Affordability Scheme (NRAS) provides people on a low to moderate income with an opportunity to rent homes at a rate that is at least 20 per cent below market value rent. NRAS homes are not social housing, they are affordable rental homes.

Private rental Aboriginal assistance loan

The Private Rental Aboriginal Assistance Loan (PRAAL) provides financial assistance through a loan scheme to Aboriginal people in private rental accommodation who are within Housing Authority income limits, are at risk of eviction as a result of rent arrears and experiencing financial hardship.

Remote Aboriginal housing

The Housing Authority directly manages the housing in Aboriginal communities in the East Kimberley, West Kimberley, Mid-West/Gascoyne and Halls Creek.

Social housing (community and public)

The Housing Authority provides rental accommodation to eligible households across Western Australia. Rent is calculated at 25% of gross assessable income.